Hi I have a gaming console which only outputs video and sound via HDMI port. I want to connect it to an old monitor I have, which takes DVI as input for video and has a 3.5 mm stereo headphone jack for sound.

Is there something that can split the HDMI source into DVI + headphone jack? Thanks.

  • Such devices do exist, but product recommendations are off-topic on Super User so we won't be able to help you any further. Look for "HDMI to DVI with audio splitter".
    – gronostaj
    Jul 8 '18 at 12:52
  • @gronostaj No I guess you have answered my question already. I did not even know such device exists not to mention what it is called. Please go ahead and provide more details about what it is without suggesting one, then I can pick yours as the answer. Thanks. Jul 8 '18 at 18:36

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.