I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series laptop which is running Windows 10.
Starting a few days ago, the built-in webcam that comes with the laptop stopped working completely. Programs like Skype, TestWebCam, and others fail to detect the webcam.
I have tried all the steps from Dell's official troubleshooting guide:
- Updating drivers for the Integrated Webcam in Device Manager gave the message "The best drivers for your device are already installed."
- Uninstalling the drivers for the Integrated Webcam.
- Updating to the latest BIOS A12 had no effect.
- Updating to the latest Chipset 16.400.3601 also had no effect.
- Dell's PC Diagnostics more than 1 hour scan didn't find any webcam related issues.
- Access to the camera is enabled in Windows 10's privacy settings.