For my work and studies, I sometimes have to download big data sets. I download these with a torrent file and qBittorrent. My desktop has a weird problem if these files are bigger than 5 GB (this is an estimation). These consist of:
- The computer slowing down to the point where moving the cursor has severe lag for example.
- An eventual, automatic restart of the system.
- The internet connection being lost. After restarting, I have to reset my modem and router. This goes for everyone in the house and not just me.
These occur most when downloading a Torrent. This also happened when downloading a larger game with Steam for example. I have no trouble with online multiplayer however. I have tried to put a limit on download speed and using a different client for torrent files. This hasn't improved the situation.
- Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
- Intel i3-7100 3.90GHz processor
- 8GB of RAM
- Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 motherboard with Killer E2400 Gigabit LAN controller
My internet connection:
- I have a contract for 200 Mbps
- Speedtest: 12 ping, 96.31 Mbps down, 19.46 Mbps
- My PC is connected with LAN to the router, which is connected to the modem.
If more info is needed, please let me know.
My question: How do I download big files without my system rebooting and my internet connection going down and what might be the cause?