Good day. I have a file server (Windows 2012 R2) that houses a total of three network shares. I have been trying to figure out permissions for my domain users for some time and can't seem to get them quick right without giving too much. Here is the scenario using test folders on drive F.
- In the drive there are two folders (Test1 and Test2)
- Test1 should be accessible by domain admins and group1
- Test1_1 (subfolder to Test1) should be accessible by domain admins, group1, and group2
- Test2 (is not shared and should only be visible to domain admins)
- Test2_2 (subfolder of Test2) by domain admins and group3
group1 and group2 would get modify permissions to their respective shares. group3 would get modify permissions minus ability to delete anything.
Let me know thoughts on how to restrict so that the root drive (F) and networks shares have the correct permissions for access without granting too much.