I have a desktop PC with no WiFi and a Samsung TV [ES6710] that can stream media using DLNA, however I want to use it as a remote display over LAN to mirror my PC's desktop on the TV (I have ethernet pre-wired within walls).
- I know about Chrome Cast and also tried doing so via an IPTV application and VLC stream over HTTP, which worked as expected but lagged with a ~30s delay
- Majority of casting applications are used for streaming media files via LAN, rather than using the smart TV as a projector, with miracast doing the exact same thing in Windows over WiFi
- HDMI to LAN converters could be an alternative, but I would then have to connect to the TV using two LAN cables
Is there a solution which is:
- LAN ⟷ LAN || LAN ⟷ Switch ⟷ LAN?
- An application for Windows?
- Able to steam the computer's desktop (Skype, Discord, TeamViewer screen capture)?
- Able to provide desktop video transcoding on the fly?