The default behavior is history commands scrolling. Any way to change it?
I believe if you hold Shift down it will scroll the output and not simply cycle through command history.
1If you're not sure, you should leave a comment for OP to verify. If it turns out to be helpful you can leave a full answer for OP to accept.– confettiAug 15, 2018 at 10:25
This is not a default behaviour and cannot be configured using the UI / settings dialogue. You have to manually edit the ini-file.
- Close MobaXTerm, otherwise changes to the ini-file will be overwritten
- find the documents inside your user folder and got to the folder named MobaXterm
- open the file named MobaXterm.ini with a text editor
- look for the section called [Misc]
in this section add a line like this:
Chosse a parameter that suits your needs: alt | ctrl | shift
- open MobXTerm again and scroll the window holding down the selected control key
see MobaXTerm-documentation here: https://blog.mobatek.net/post/mobaxterm-configuration-settings/
But heads up. This will probably still cause problems inside a screen session. You can fix this quick by pressing Ctrl + A and Esc or edit your .screenrc as described here:
termcapinfo xterm* ti@:te@ In tmux, it'd be something like (.tmux.conf):
set -g terminal-overrides 'xterm*:smcup@:rmcup@'