I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise and the Hyper-V Manager.
- I want that my virtual machine is able to see the host but not the cooperate network and internet.
- I want to be able to connect from the host via remote desktop to the virtual machine.
How can I create a virtual switch which allows the virtual client to communicate with the host but not with the internet:
- If I set the connection type to internal I'm able to do a remote desktop connection to my virtual machine. But the virtual machine sees the internet.
- If I set the connection type to private I'm not able to do a remote desktop connection to my virtual machine.
- If I set the connection type to external and I would have 3 Ethernet adapter in my host PC then it could work. Ethernet 1 connected to internet, Ethernet 2 (fix IP e.g.: 192.168.1.1), Ethernet 3 (chosen as external network adapter for the virtual machine fix IP e.g.: 192.168.1.2). If there is a physical connection (Ethernet cable) between adapters 2 and 3 I'm able to do a remote desktop connection from my host to the virtual machine and the virtual machine isn't connected to the internet. So exactly what I want. The problem is that I don't have 3 Ethernet adapter in my host. I'm pretty sure there is an easier way.