For my work I need to use different software that run only under windows.
I am unsure whether i should go with a NAS and install this software on the NAS (eg. synology) or consider Microsoft Server Essential
This is the current setting (although it may expand with more software and more users):
- 5 desktops (2 Ubuntu, 2 Win, 1 Mac), 3 laptops (2 Win, 1 Ubuntu), all in different rooms.
- I believe our LAN is wired at 10Gbit.
- NAS or Server would be built with SSD.
- The software is office software, so no graphic or video editing tools no more than 2 people accessing the software at any one time
- Beside the software, only office files are planned to be stored on the server (eg. docx, pdf, ...) no videos.
- In general access to software and the files happens onsite but if traveling i may need to access it from remote
How to make this happen?