I'm a .NET Developer and now I have to work with PowerShell, the problem is that my PowerShell seems completely broken.
First of all, if use copy paste, it works with some commands but some don't and give me the error
The term 'Command Name' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. In that case I have to manually type the exact same command to get it working.
Then when I finally typed the command an run it, the output encoding is not the good one. I've tried various different ways I found on internet to change the encoding of PowerShell but none worked.
When my new company gave me this computer it was all in Chinese. So I changed EVERYTHING to English (System language, System Locale...etc). Everything is in English now but I suspect PowerShell didn't not successfully make the change.
I tried to run a File System Check scan but no problems found and also tried to
Uncheck PowerShell 2.0 in Windows Features -> Restart (PowerShell was still here) -> Check PowerShell 2.0 in Windows Feature -> Restart
I hope other people already experienced this and found a way to fix it. The last thing I want is to waste time reinstalling the entire system. My working station is all set-up...
UPDATE: If I use PowerShell ISE instead, the messages are displayed in Chinese but it just says "資訊" which means information
I obviously lose lots of information because here is the result on my personal laptop
Note: My Web Deploy version is 3.6