I cloned my hard drive with Acronis True Image.
Now, with the new drive connected as 'drive 0' and the old as 'drive 1' ...
- new drive appears as e: Old drive is c:
- boots to e:; command line prompt is e:\
- It 'runs' but really all data files, etc are still referencing c:.
With just the new drive connected (as 'drive 0'), there's a long period of blue screen, saying "Preparing your desktop". This is followed by an empty blue screen. So, it doesn't work at all.
I'm at a loss. I did this once before, successfully. The only difference I can find in my notes is that (I think) I ran Acronis from c: (as opposed to from USB) when I cloned it.
- New & old drives are the same size, 500 GB, both SATA
- PC is a Dell 4700; O/S is Windows 7 Home Premium
- When the new HDD was initially attached, I used Acronis "add drive" tool to 'install' it.
- To clone, I booted Acronis from a flash drive. Cloning ran without errors.