In Mozilla Thunderbird, B and F can be used to move up and down, respectively, in the thread pane. What are their counterparts for moving up and down in the folder pane?

  • FYI: What you called the "message panel" is actually called the "thread pane". See the "Thread pane" section on mozillaZine's page about Window layout - Thunderbird – 3D1T0R Sep 17 '18 at 18:59

There aren't any built in keyboard shortcuts to do this directly.
The keyboard shortcuts available by default in Thunderbird are listed in this documentation.

Indirectly, you can press the keyboard shortcut for "Move to Next Mail Pane": F6 (which switches your keyboard focus between the visible mail panes) until the Folder pane is focused, then use the Up  and Down  arrow keys to move between folders.

If you really want a direct keyboard shortcut that always does exactly this function, you could install Dorando Keyconfig, add a new key, and write custom code to do what you want, but this seems like overkill to me when there is a simple, albeit indirect, method already available.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.