I took the following steps to create a dual boot setup on my SurfaceBook with Windows 10 and Ubuntu 18.04
1) Installed Windows 10
2) Suspended Bitlocker
3) Installed Ubuntu 18.04 from a USB bootable thumbdrive alongside Windows 10. This completed successfully and I restarted.
4) Presented with GRUB screen to choose OS and chose to enter Windows10 (worked this one time) which automatically re-enabled Bitlocker.
5) Restarted which presents the GRUB screen, I selected Windows10 and was presented with the Bitlocker recovery screen
6) Entered my recovery code and clicked the restart button
7) Shown GRUB screen and picked Windows10 again
8) Presented with Bitlocker recovery screen ....
9) This loop continues indefinitely
I am stuck entering the 48-digit Bitlocker recovery code indefinitely, never making it through to Windows. I tried using the Windows command prompt to enter 'manage-bde -unlock <48 digit code>', but when I run 'manage-bde -status', the encrypted windows volume is not even listed as an option. It does not see the Windows partition at all.
I can enter and use Ubuntu with no issue. Had I disabled Bitlocker, there would be no issue. It's the Bitlocker part that's causing me all the headache.
What are the proper steps to get this dual boot working with Bitlocker?