When searching for something in the Firefox browser, I want to customize the keybindings to cycle through the pop up suggestions (see picture for reference). In Chrome, I use Control-n for down, and Control-p for up.

In Firefox, what are these keybindings called, and how can I customize them? The default settings are the up and down arrow keys, which I don't prefer because I have to leave the home row of the keyboard. For reference, I am on MacOS High Sierra and using Firefox Quantum 62.0.2 (64-bit).

screenshot example

For context, this question exists already, but didn't get any traction.


The only way I know of would be to to use a 3rd party tool like autohotkey. Mozilla FF doesn't allow custom keyboard shortcuts (yet).

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.