Windows 10 is randomly freezing after upgrading to an AMD FX-8350. The previous CPU was a quad core AMD FX 4300. There were no freezing issues with the previous CPU at all.
The PC specs are:
- Motherboard: Gygabyte 970A-DS3P southbridge rev. 40
- Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 4.2 Ghz Eight-Core Processor
- Video Card: nvidia GeForce GTX 970 (Latest drivers via geforce experience)
- RAM: 16 GB 2000Mhz DDR3
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit (reactivated and updated since hardware change)
- Power Supply: Corsair 700w
Installed all the latest driver software for all components.
My poor gaming rig is pretty useless at the moment, so any answers are appreciated.
Update. I have the latest BIOS version, according to Gygabyte. Latest is the FD release, and it is installed. I'd heard that people had issues with certain CPU's on older versions. My CPU is definitely in the supported CPU's list for this board.