Control Panel\System and Security\Backup and Restore
I ended up finding out the hard way that Windows 7's Backup and Restore is an essential function. Where a user can define where to store backups and what to actually backup. Those are good options for basic configuring, but what happens if Windows 7 continues to just keep backing up if a schedule is set and you run out of space?
Is there a way to limit the number of backups? Preferably I want 8-backups per month with 2-backups happening each week for 4-weeks at a time. After four weeks has past then the 1st backup of the month will be removed in place of the new #1 backup out of #8 total (subject to change, but used as an example).
Again, i'm trying to not use too much space but have enough backups to help me out, but not run me out.
- Unable to set how many backups max to avoid losing space for a 1-month period
- Duration: 1-month is 8-backups (or backups twice a week)
- After initial backup or backup-activated then restore file
right-click -> properties -> Previous Versions (tab)
- Choosing directory for backups seems to be limited to only selecting drives
- Saving in drives root folder is messy without an option to have a parent directory for what the backup is even about, so only saving it to a network-path allows the option of custom directory
- Restoring only work if filename is the same
- Restore only reads last-modified & file-size
- Changing how frequent backup schedules occur
- Normal option is a single reoccuring date & time; otherwise, manually changing it by including more schedules via Task Scheduler