What is the name of that metal stripe, which holds PCI cards?

enter image description here

  • PCI slot cover? – Akina Oct 10 '18 at 10:10

They are called brackets when attached to an expansion card.

When used by themselves to simply cover an expansion slot in a computer's case, they are often called slot covers.

  • I know the empty ones that just cover a slot as blanking plates, not slot covers. – Mike Scott Oct 10 '18 at 10:22
  • @MikeScott Ive heard them called a few different names when just covering a slot, but slot covers what I hear the most. – Keltari Oct 10 '18 at 10:33

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.