Since the October update of Windows 10 I'm not able to install RSAT. I have found numerus of guides telling me that this has been moved to feature on demand and I have tried installing following their instructions without success.
- Settings -> Apps -> Manage Optional Features -> Add a feature | Feature not there
- Update registry: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU and change the UseWUServer to 0 | Nothing changed
- PowerShell: Get-WindowsCapability -Name RSAT* -Online | No result/No feature called like that
- PowerShell: Add-WindowsCapability –online –Name “Rsat.ActiveDirectory.DS-LDS.Tools~~~~0.0.1.0” | No feature like that.
- GPEDIT: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Specific setting for optional component installation and component repair = Enabled and checked Download repair content | still no RSAT feature
None of above worked. So now im out of ideas.
According to Microsoft RSAT download page you should not download the RSAT tool the old way: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520
To install specific RSAT tools on Windows 10 October 2018 Update or later
Starting with Windows 10 October 2018 Update, RSAT is included as a set of "Features on Demand" right from Windows 10. Do not download an RSAT package from this page. Instead, just go to "Manage optional features" in Settings and click "Add a feature" to see the list of available RSAT tools. Select and install the specific RSAT tools you need. To see installation progress, click the Back button to view status on the "Manage optional features" page.
See the list of RSAT tools available via Features on Demand. In addition to installing via the graphical Settings app, you can also install specific RSAT tools via command line or automation using DISM /Add-Capability.
One benefit of Features on Demand is that installed features persist across Windows 10 version upgrades!