I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T580 laptop running Windows 10. For about a week, sound is no longer heard through the speakers, only through headphones, if plugged into the audio jack. Interestingly, if I play sound through some app, and look at the Sound Mixer, the level indicator is active, which suggests Windows "thinks" audio is being produced.
I've tried the following without success:
- (of course) setting the volume loud enough from both the app itself and from the Windows icon tray
- updating my audio drivers (Realtek HDA)
- switching audio output between the default speaker option and the headphones option
- disabling the speaker and the soundcard from the Device Manager, then letting them be reinstalled/reenabled again
- restarting the Windows Audio and Windows Audio Endpoint Builder services
- restarting Windows (after each of the other solutions tried)
Any suggestions what else I can try?