When I try to use my webcam for livestrams on YouTube, the site tells me the cam is in use by another application. No matter what I try, YouTube won't let me use this cam.
What I have tried:
- I have used this cam before multiple times on a different machine, there were never any issues.
- I tested the camera with the Windows 10 Camera application. It does still work.
- I looked for processes using this camera using the Process Explorer. I found nothing.
- I tried deactivating-rebooting-reactivating the camera in hardware manager.
- I Installed the original drivers from Logitech and those that Windows 10 recommends.
- I tried using Microsoft Edge to stream but YouTube does not support that.
- Using Microsoft Edge I visited the website webcamtoy. It reports "camera not found".
- Played around with the settings under Settings > Privacy > Camera. No solution.
- Of course I spent two hours searching the internet for appropriate solutions.
I am talking about a Logitech C920 on Windows 10 and the latest version of Chrome.
Even though the solution was the same, there is no apparent connection between this issue and the standby issue I describe in my solution. In my opinion, even though quite specific, this question and answer might help other users to find help.