So I created an OpenSSH server on a win-7 machine, I can now successfully login on it, but only on that machine too. What I meant is, I can only login on the server when my client is on the same PC as the server.
Now on ny android I am trying to connect, but it's way too long and I often got "timeouts" stuff. Why? Is it the firewall? I have already set and inbound rule on the server, so I don't think that it is.
The username I am trying to use on the android client is the same name that my PC (the server) has. As I created the Key using puttygen on the server itself and added the public key on the "authorized_keys" file.
On my android I used the private Key generated by puttygen.
- I created the Key on the same PC that I installed the server.
- I used the Private key that was generated by puttygen(on the PC) to login on ny android SSH client. (ConnectBot)
- I can successfully get the cmd on the PC by typing this command
ssh -i C:\myprivatekey.ppk localhost
- on my android I used this:
- I used the private key as I used above(after copying it from the PC).
- I used the name of the PC which was
ah licas the usernane on my android ssh client.