A few days ago I have updated my distribution(OpenSuse Tumbleweed with Gnome) to the latest version and I am no longer able to get my external HDMI monitor working.
The error I get when I run
No VIRTUAL outputs on ":0".
I am also unable to see the HDMI port anymore in xrandr:
gardax@linux-oyrd:~> xrandr -q Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1920 x 1080, maximum 8192 x 8192 XWAYLAND0 connected 1920x1080+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 340mm x 190mm 1920x1080 59.96*+
Does anybody have some ideas on what may be the problem?
Some information that I think may be useful:
I have an Optimus HP laptop. My kernel version is 4.18.9. I have installed my drivers and bumblebee following this guide.
/etc/bumblebee/bumblebee.conf file looks like:
# Configuration file for Bumblebee. Values should **not** be put between quotes ## Server options. Any change made in this section will need a server restart # to take effect. [bumblebeed] # The secondary Xorg server DISPLAY number VirtualDisplay=:8 # Should the unused Xorg server be kept running? Set this to true if waiting # for X to be ready is too long and don't need power management at all. KeepUnusedXServer=true # The name of the Bumbleblee server group name (GID name) ServerGroup=bumblebee # Card power state at exit. Set to false if the card shoud be ON when Bumblebee # server exits. TurnCardOffAtExit=false # The default behavior of '-f' option on optirun. If set to "true", '-f' will # be ignored. NoEcoModeOverride=false # The Driver used by Bumblebee server. If this value is not set (or empty), # auto-detection is performed. The available drivers are nvidia and nouveau # (See also the driver-specific sections below) Driver=nvidia # Directory with a dummy config file to pass as a -configdir to secondary X XorgConfDir=/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.d ## Client options. Will take effect on the next optirun executed. [optirun] # Acceleration/ rendering bridge, possible values are auto, virtualgl and # primus. Bridge=auto # The method used for VirtualGL to transport frames between X servers. # Possible values are proxy, jpeg, rgb, xv and yuv. VGLTransport=proxy # List of paths which are searched for the primus libGL.so.1 when using # the primus bridge PrimusLibraryPath=/usr/lib64/primus:/usr/lib/primus # Should the program run under optirun even if Bumblebee server or nvidia card # is not available? AllowFallbackToIGC=false # Driver-specific settings are grouped under [driver-NAME]. The sections are # parsed if the Driver setting in [bumblebeed] is set to NAME (or if auto- # detection resolves to NAME). # PMMethod: method to use for saving power by disabling the nvidia card, valid # values are: auto - automatically detect which PM method to use # bbswitch - new in BB 3, recommended if available # switcheroo - vga_switcheroo method, use at your own risk # none - disable PM completely # https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Comparison-of-PM-methods ## Section with nvidia driver specific options, only parsed if Driver=nvidia [driver-nvidia] # Module name to load, defaults to Driver if empty or unset KernelDriver=nvidia PMMethod=none # colon-separated path to the nvidia libraries LibraryPath=/usr/lib64/nvidia:/usr/lib/nvidia # comma-separated path of the directory containing nvidia_drv.so and the # default Xorg modules path XorgModulePath=/usr/lib64/nvidia/xorg/,/usr/lib64/xorg/modules XorgConfFile=/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia ## Section with nouveau driver specific options, only parsed if Driver=nouveau [driver-nouveau] KernelDriver=nouveau PMMethod=none XorgConfFile=/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nouveau
/etc/bumblebee/xorg.conf.nvidia config is like that:
Section "ServerLayout" Identifier "Layout0" Option "AutoAddDevices" "true" Option "AutoAddGPU" "false" EndSection Section "Device" Identifier "DiscreteNvidia" Driver "nvidia" VendorName "NVIDIA Corporation" Option "ProbeAllGpus" "false" Option "NoLogo" "true" Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration" EndSection Section "Screen" Identifier "Screen0" Device "DiscreteNVidia" EndSection
I have a
/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-intel.conf file with:
Section "Device" Identifier "intelgpu0" Driver "intel" Option "VirtualHeads" "2" EndSection