I can do something like what is shown in the following image very quickly in MS Paint:

enter image description here

How can I do something similar, circle something in red or highlight some text in a rounded-corner rectangle, quickly in Photoshop?

  • Draw a shape, give it no fill and stroke it – cybernetic.nomad Oct 31 '18 at 15:24
  • do you want it badly hand-drawn, or professional? ;) – Tetsujin Oct 31 '18 at 15:25
  • @Tetsujin LOL! Funny. I'd prefer it "professional" or as uniform and smooth-ish as shown in the attached partial screenshot. ^^ – Rok Oct 31 '18 at 16:57

For hand-drawn, the brush tool is probably easiest...

enter image description here

For a more professional look, try a rounded rectangle...

enter image description here

  • Thank you very much for showing this! Especially showing me where the Shape tool is was really helpful. Yes, I'm just a newbie that I didn't even know where it is, and it was overwhelming trying to search for anything really. =) – Rok Oct 31 '18 at 17:02
  • It might be worth it to draw attention to the very top of your second partial screenshot, drawing reader's attention that they need to pick no fill, stroke color wanted, and that they can control the size of the shape via W and H numbers and the position via the arrows. By way of this, is there a "manual" way of resizing the shape? I tried but the cursor moves the shape instead of resizing. – Rok Oct 31 '18 at 17:04
  • That's actually why I used the shot I did, so you could see the toolbar. Editing shapes is really not the simplest, usually if I get one wrong it's easier to just bin it & make a new one. I only use them to do precisely this task, I'm not any kind of 'graphics designer' I'm just a photo editor – Tetsujin Oct 31 '18 at 17:18

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.