The dots spin for maybe 4 minutes until I finally get to the log in screen. This is very tedious and shouldn't happen on a SSD.
The PC boots in mere seconds if I enable fast startup.
Things I have tried already:
- Disabling fast startup
- Checking for viruses
- Performing a clean boot
- Updating drivers
- Updating Windows
- Uninstalling NVIDIA drivers
- Disabling Intel Management Engine Interface
- Unplugging all unnecessary USB/external devices
- Intel i7 6700k @ 4.6Ghz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB (boot and OS)
- Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM (for data)
- Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 2400Mhz
- Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3
I ran Windows Performance Recorder and I'm willing to share the boot trace. You can download the corresponding ETL file here (Google Drive).