I have my desktop computer in such a set up in that the computer is directly connected to the wall socket, but the display and other devices (a lamp, phone chargers, USB hubs, etc.) are connected to a power strip (multi-socket adaptor), which I power off when I want to shut everything down. I also do this to avoid excess power consumption of chargers and devices in stand-by mode when I am not using my computer.
Is this harmful for electronic devices, particularly for a desktop monitor? I consider that in practice this is as if I was pulling the power cable out of the wall socket, although the power strip I use has a button to turn it off, so I wonder as well if this detail milds the potential harmfulness of the method I am using.