One year ago I bought an Asus Notebook with preinstalled Windows 10 Home which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (upgrade bought in the Microsoft store). The activation of Windows 10 Pro worked with no problems.
After one year without any problems, I now get the message "Activate Windows Go to Settings to activate Windows" in the lower right corner of the desktop.
When I go to Settings / Update & Security / Activation is says:
Edition: Windows 10 Pro Activation: Windows is not activated We can't activate Windows on this device because you don't have a valid digital license or product key. Error code: 0x803F7001
ShowKeyPlus gives the following results:
Product Name: Windows 10 Pro Version: 16299.726 (64-bit OS) Product ID: 00330-80000-00000-AA663 Installed Key: VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T (which is the generic Windows 10 Pro key) Original Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (a Windows 10 key, same as OEM Key) Original Edition: Win 10 RTM Core OEM:DM OEM Key: xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx (a Windows 10 key, same as Original Key) OEM Edition: Win 10 RTM Core OEM:DM
I did not change any hardware nor did I change or install any software except the quality and driver updates for Windows Version 1709.
The last Windows updates have been installed on November 8, 2018, a day before the activation problem showed up:
- update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4462930)
- 2018-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4462918)
- Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 4/16/2018 12:00:00 AM - 20.50.3
- Intel Corporation - Extension - 3/1/2018 12:00:00 AM - 18.104.22.168
- Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - October 2018 (KB890830)
I made a full system scan with Avira and Windows Defender. No malware has been found.
What could be the cause of the problem?
How to solve the problem?