I wanted to send emails from my web page running in Apache and PHP on my Drobo 5N. Found a lot of answers about cross-compiling MSTMP or SSTMP. For example the answers I found that specifically dealt with the Drobo were along the lines of:
- Find a cross-compiler for your OS that can compile the source into something usable by the Drobo's operating system.
- Download the source and all it's dependencies and then build the executable.
- Create the scripts needed to install it into the Drobo's OS.
- Package it all up into a tarball that can be placed in a specific directory in the Drobo file system.
- Reboot the Drobo so that it will find the tarball and install the app.
While this all can be done, is there a simpler way to do this on the Drobo OS?