I'm afraid that we cannot disable Windows Update Service in Windows 10. It's a policy in Microsoft. If you disable it, it will run by itself.
But there are two ways can help us to defer updates to 30 days, try the following steps:
1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update .
2. Under Update settings, select Advanced options.
3. From the boxes under Choose when updates are installed, select the number of days you would like to defer a feature update or a quality update. Note: If your PC is managed by an organization, you may not be able to defer updates.
- Press Win+R to open the RUN command.
- Type: gpedit.msc and press enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Find: Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Windows Update> Windows Update for Business
- Double-click the Select when Quality Updates are received policy.
- Choose Enabled and type the days you want to defer.
- Click Ok and Apply.
Yes, we can disable Automatic update in windows server 2016.
You can refer to this: disable automatic update in windows server 2016