I'd like to migrate from Apple Music to Spotify because:
- iTunes still can't upload more than ~30 seconds of a custom song / music file to iCloud Music Library. Spotify can't upload to a cloud but can upload to other devices (by using the playlist download feature) and actually does so for the entire song.
- Apple Music doesn't integrate with anything properly or at all, last.fm most notably where the iOS app has been massively duplicating Apple Music scrobbles for over a year with no end in sight. Spotify has account-level integration.
- Apple Music still doesn't have a web player.
However, I have 16 playlists with 1,781 songs spread over them and, according to https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Importing-iTunes-playlists/td-p/4392200, Spotify removed the function to import playlists from iTunes around February 2018 to improve it (WTF).
Is there any way around this?
I have tried:
- Using Spotify version 220.127.116.115 (obtained from https://www.filehorse.com/download-spotify/33808/ - digital signature verified) but it (1) imported from the really old file
iTunes Music Library.xmland didn't recognise the new, current file
- Exporting the playlists from iTunes (tab-delimited TXT files), using Excel to convert those to comma-delimited CSV files, and using Soundiiz's free plan to convert and migrate those to my Spotify account but it matches against Spotify's database, not the local files, so there's a load of obscure songs missing.
- Using TuneMyMusic but it doesn't recognise playlists, only the library.
- Looking into using iTunes2Spotify but I don't trust it and an unlimited version isn't free.