What is the name for this button combo, that allows you to snap a window to a certain monitor, or expand the window across all monitors?

I've been trying to figure out the name of it, and how to disable it.

enter image description here

  • 1
    Not sure of the specific name, but they are just custom window buttons. Do you have a 3rd party multiple monitor app? Similar to UltraMon. Right-click on taskbar and see if you have something like "multiple monitor support" and see if there are options that control this (like DisplayFusion ). – BlueGI Dec 6 at 17:09
  • @BlueGI Bingo! UltraMon is what it was. I've had it for so long, I forgot about checking that. – DrZoo Dec 6 at 17:13

Thanks to BlueGl, he pointed out to check 3rd party applications, which I forgot about.

The buttons were able to be disabled in UltraMon.

To disable the buttons, right click on the UltraMon icon in the notification area, and select options.

It will open a window, and then select the Buttons and Menu Commands tab. From there in the button section, uncheck add Move Window button and add Maximize Desktop button

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.