- When I haven't used the computer like overnight or longer, maybe 1 in 6 times when the screen come back out of sleep mode either one or both monitors have vertical lines through everything.
- If I restart the computer the problem goes away until another long period of non-use where the monitors are in sleep mode.
- Even when the monitor or monitors are in this problem state I can still drag things back and forth between them and move the mouse around on it... it's just the vertical lines make things very difficult to read.
- I always leave my monitors on but they go to sleep after I lock Windows 10 Pro.
- I am using display port connections to the monitors.
- If I power cycle the monitor it will then not even recognize that that monitor exists and search for a connection.
- I've used LogMeIn to remotely connect to it when if I've tried power cycling the monitor and the connection is not being recognized and sometimes I can get it to start showing content again but not always.
Screenshot using Snagit while problem is happening
I used Snagit to do a screen capture while the issue was happening but it turns out looking just fine.
iPhone picture of the problem
However this is what my screen ACTUALLY looks like. This is a picture taken with my phone.
My hardware list relevant to this issue (ask if you need more)
- ASUS ROG ZENITH EXTREME sTR4 AMD X399
- GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 DirectX 12 GV-N1080D5X-8GD 8GB
- Two ASUS ProArt monitors
- Windows 10 Pro
- Latest video-related drivers for motherboard
- Latest driver for video card