I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64bit. Every time I try to install a software I get an BadImage error
I have tried to install different software (Firefox 32bit/64bit, Opera 32bit/64bit, 7Zip 32bit/64bit, Chrome) and always get the same error. I have tried all this as normal user or Run As Administrator with same result.
I have also try running sfc /scannow, but the scan never finishes and crashes after 83% with message: “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation”. I have also tried this in SafeMode.
Other thinks I've tried:
- ChkDsk – error still there
- Windows Reset – will not let me proceed
- Windows Update – always fails
- Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup finished with error "Component store has been corrupted"
- I have downloaded image from our MSDN and tried to repair the image using
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccessbut this has failed as well
The device came with OS pre-installed already and I do not have ISO image or the option to re-install the windows.
Any ideas how to get around this?