I'm running an old D-Link DIR 600 v. B2 as a secondary router for a VPN connection. I'm in the Philippines and my primary router is a cellular router called a SmartBro LTE Home. It has a single ethernet port that I've connected to the internet port on the D-Link DIR 600.
- I'm using Windows 10 on an HP Pavillion g4 laptop
- The primary router (SmartBro device) is IP 192.168.1.1
- Secondary router (D-Link) is IP 192.168.2.1
- Both have a mask of 255.255.255.0
- The routers are placed about 4.5 feet away from each other (it was the longest ethernet cable I had readily available)
- The secondary router has been successfully flashed (a couple of times due to hard resetting the router after a forgotten admin password) with the latest version of DD-WRT
I haven't installed a VPN yet on the secondary router. I'm waiting until I can get the wireless signal (first things first!)
- The laptop gets good internet signal when connected to the ethernet or wireless of the primary router
- The laptop gets good internet when connected to an ethernet port on the secondary router
- There is no internet when connected to the wireless of the secondary router.
- Even when connected to the secondary router (WITH GOOD INTERNET), the internet indicator on the secondary (D-Link DIR 600) is solid orange.
I need to be able to connect wirelessly to the secondary router, but can't get it to work. Any ideas? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you, James