Windows Server 2008 R2
When typing anything (or nothing) into PowerShell, and hitting enter it just locks up with a flashing cursor and does nothing for about 20 to 30 minutes. After waiting a long time, PowerShell works, it just takes a long time to initialize.
- I've installed Windows Management Framework 4.0 and rebooted
- I've tried SFC scan (no issues found)
- I've tried from a different user profile
- I've tried with the -noprofile switch
- I've tried with different PowerShell versions with the -version switch
Another thing I've noticed is that when starting version 1.0 or 2.0, I don't even get a command prompt, just a Windows PowerShell Copyright and a flashing cursor.
Everything else on the server works fine!
PSVersionTable: Major Minor Build Revision
4 0 -1 -1