I have just finished my (first ever) server build. Everything seems to work ok. Except I only see one of the two NVMe M.2 SSDs that I installed via a PCIe adapter. (At least, it shows as 500 GB, rather than 1 TB.)
- Are the NVMe SSDs faulty?
- Or is the adapter automatically generating some sort of RAID array?
- If so, how can I modify this?
- Or am I missing some setting somewhere?
The hardware (amongst others):
- Fujitsu D3417-B2 MB
- ASUS HYPER M.2 X16 Card (M.2 PCIe adapter for up to 4 M.2 drives)More hardware info
- 2 500GB WD ST4000VN008-2DR166 NVMe SSDs in the adapter
- 1 250GB WD WDS500G2X0c-00L350 NVMe SSD on the motherboard
- 2 4TB SATA HDDs
The following image shows screenshot of BIOS - the highlighted drive is the one in the M.2 PCIe adapter
- The 250GB has EXSi installed - also there the SSD shows as 500GB, rather than 2x500GB
- The status leds on the ASUS adapter on both slots with SSD are lit
- The manual mentions “For Intel® motherboards, go to Advanced > CPU Storage Configuration, then set the PCIE slot(s) that you have installed the Hyper M.2 x16 card(s) to [Hyper M.2 X16].” But I cannot find this option..