An unexpected error is keeping you from appying properties to the file. If you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problem.
Error 0x80070057: The parameter is incorrect.
- The path of the file location is nowhere near 256 characters long
- The file name is not any of the Windows reserved names
- The file is not read-only, and I have full read/write permissions for the file.
- Even if I re-download the image or rename the image, the error still reliably appears every time.
- I can still edit the metadata on other JPEG files in the same folder just fine, so I don't think this is related to system or hard drive corruption.
- If I push "Skip", the action completes, but then no metadata is changed.
Possibly related threads that I already looked at:
- Error 0x80070057 when editing JPG metadata through explorer
- Error 0x80070057 when adding photo tags in Pictures folder
- Error 0x80070057 when attempting to change image metadata shown at the bottom of explorer
- Error 0x80070057 when copying images from iPhone 5s to Windows 8.1
- Error 0x80070057 when deleting Autorun.inf.mal folder