I'm getting error 0x80004005 when trying to access a network share in Windows 7. The network share was created from a Windows 7 computer and is being accessed by a Windows 7 computer. The same exact configuration worked properly a month ago and for whatever reason doesn't work anymore.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicyand setting the value to
- Removing all
6to4adapters in Device Manager
- Disabling IPv6 and setting IPv4 to a static address on the same subnet mask as the other computer
- Verifying the two computers are on the same workgroup
- Disabling the firewall and antivirus
- Updating Windows
- Accessing the share using
- On the host computer (server) checking
\\localhostfor the share - the share does appear and I can access files
- Enabling NetBIOS over TCP/IP
How can I access this network share? Any help would be appreciated!