This monitor (Iiyama ProLite) is about 5+ years old and worked well until a week ago.
About the issue:
- It appeared from time to time.
- It disappeared after about 1-10 seconds.
- It always disappeared after monitor is turned off and on immediately.
- The snow and static is gray and contains some red, blue and green spots which appeared and disappeared very quickly. Similar to static and interference at cathode-ray monitors. Here is image (color spots can not be viewed due to low resolution)
Before I spotted this issue I moved Windows OS from one motherboard to another. And "replaced" the built-in intel video card with Radeon RX550. The cable is the same. But this was about 3 week ago. The problem appeared a bit later.
The problem can be caused by:
- The Drive: But in this case power on/off should not "repair" the monitor.
- The Cable: But cable is not touched and power button toggle cannot "repair" cable.
- Monitor Motherboard: Something wrong with monitor mother board. The most probable cause but I am not sure.
Does anybody know why it happens? Is it monitor issue or not?
Monitor connected via DVI-to-HDMI cable.