This is one of those that's very difficult to Google, and also extremely frustrating.
With Chrome Devtools Console open, when I begin to type the word
var, when I press the
var, the Devtools window responds as if it has received a keyboard shortcut to close, and closes.
vain other textboxes/input areas (for example: this one) just does what it's supposed to (types
vfollowed by any other letter just does what it's supposed to.
aby itself, or followed by any other letter does what it supposed to.
- Typing any letter followed by an
adoes what it supposed to.
- I've opened the OSK and can confirm that there are no sticky keys pressed and that the only two letters that the only two letters being pressed are
vfollowed by an
- I've tested known keyboard shortcuts with various modifiers, to see if I could identify a meta key that was stuck: For example, I focused on a chrome window and typed
tto test if
CTRLwas stuck, as
CTRL+Twould open a new tab. Nothing showed up there.
- I've looked through the keyboard shortcuts in chrome to see if there were any hints there. There were none.
- I've updated / restarted Chrome.
This is the weirdest, most specific computer problem I've ever had. As I have occasion to type
var in the Chrome developer tools console frequently, I would greatly like to resolve this. It's driving me a bit crazy.
NOTE: Because I wouldn't believe it if someone else told me, I've made a gif to demonstrate this behavior (note - this is site independent. I just used stackoverflow, because I had an open tab).