I've just got a second graphics-card and I wanted to try SLI. After I've installed the latest driver for my cards (bother are the exact same model and chip), I was able enable SLI in the Nvidia Control Panel.
Somehow my system is not happy at all with those cards.
I'm getting hard lags in normal operating mode. Windows lags hard, I cannot move or some windows, even the sound is laggy (when running music sometimes there is no sound for 1-2 sec).
I've read, that RAM has to be SLI-Certified and that CPU might be the issue.
How would I track down the source of the problem ?
My current setup:
- AMD Phenom II X6 1100T (OCed to 6x 4.00 GHz)
- 2x ASUS GTX960 (latest drivers)
- 1x ASUS SLI-Bridge (supplied with card)
- 24 GB DDR3 RAM
- ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
- 900W Power-Supply
If any other detail is needed I will add them ! (just let me know in the comments).
Things I've tried so far:
- disabling HPET (did not work, does not seem to be active)