An application I used (MacCaml) changed the icon of all files with
.oml extension. I would want them to recover their original icon (a blank document). Here is what I have tried (with each time : Finder relaunching, rebooting, creating a new
.ml file and opening it with different applications to see if its icon would change) :
- Setting “Always open with another application” (such as TextEdit).
- Going into the application bundle, removing the corresponding
.icnsfile which gives the unwanted icon to all
.mlfiles, replacing it by another
- Deleting the application.
- Resetting Finder preferences.
- Trying to change the icon of one of these files (the usual way using Information window).
- Deleting all
Nothing worked. Have you got any suggestion ? I think a possible solution would be also to know the answer to the following question :
How to find where the icon associated to a given file is stored ?
For I removed that unwanted
.icns file from my computer, though there visibly exists one remaining copy of it which is being used by the Operating System. But using
fdupes I wasn't able to find any duplicate of that file…