I have run through the entire checklist of possible issues with PC startup, looking for that little extra help to resolve it. The PC is used approximately 2 years but the problem started occurring about 4 months ago.
TLDR: Pressing the power button manages to power the PC's components, the GPU lights up, fans spin, processor is running but no picture is displayed, the pc manages to boot after a couple of restarts and runs perfectly smooth with no issues/blue screens/random restarts. Tested without any mouse/usb/keyboards connected, single monitor and dual monitor also does not affect this.
I have encountered similar issues and managed to resolve them by switching the ram sticks with new ones, but this time that didn't fix it.
Should I purchase dual channel ram 2x8gb instead of this one, or could this be a PSU issue?
PC: Motherboard: Asus h110m-cs CPU: Intel i7-7700 CPU Fan: Arctic Cooling Freezer i11 500 GPU: GTX 1070 RAM: Apacer 16GB DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM (Single Stick)
- I have disassembled and assembled all of the components back together to no avail.
- Tested individual hard drive and SSD with different OS, this is definitely a hardware issue.
- No heat issues and the PC runs completely fine once it manages to boot.
- Cmos battery replaced
- Fast boot has been disabled
- Has not been tested with different ram as I have no ddr4 ram spare to check
- Have not tried a different power supply for the same reason.