Good evening everybody,
I am facing a quite annoying issue since almost 6 months. In a very random way, when I come home from work and I turn on the PC the following happen:
- PC gets frozen after around 5 minutes from boot (it doesn't matter if I am doing something or if it's still at the windows login screen). This forces a reboot by pressing the power button, I have tried to wait even for 20 minutes, the PC doesn't get unfrozen by itself
- Once I reboot it, I get most likely the same block (sometimes again after 5 minutes, sometimes it needs more)
- Usually at the 3rd attempt the PC works fine and I can use it for hours, it doesn't matter what is the job I am doing, even under heavy load it doesn't crash anymore
The above steps happen quite often, this period they happen everyday, same 6 months ago, sometimes it does not happen at all.
One more thing: at every system restart my AMD graphic card tells me that "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure".
I am suspecting it is something related with the GPU. I made disk checks and RAM analysis, there is nothing wrong with them. Disabling the windows updates checks solved the issue for some time, but now it doesn't help at all.
My PC specs:
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.4Ghz
- 8GB RAM
- 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
- AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series with 19.1.1 driver version
I did not apply any overclock (as far as I know, but this is an assembled PC) Any help would be really appreciated.
EDIT: PC is not in sleeping mode, every night I completely shut it down and even turn off the power switch. I am not sure about the AMD software, I have the AMD graphic card since before the PC started to crash