In the past, I unpinned all tiles from the start menu so that I have just the vertical column of apps.
Shortly after the 1809 update on February 4th, 2019**, these tiles came back, many of them empty: They have a downward arrow like they are downloading and most of them have a hint A great new app is coming.
But nothing is coming, and if I unpin them all again, they will reappear after one or more system boots.
Other info that may be relevant:
- (Right) Clicking the titles with the downward arrow does nothing.
- The MS Store app settings have App updates on and Live titles on. I never use(d) the Store app.
- The Downloads and updates section in the MS Store App list for recent activity does not have a one-on-one match with the reappearing tiles (either all of them or those that do not have the downward arrow)
- As you can see from screenshots the OS language is Dutch. Keyboard is US.
- Recent updates according to the old control panel (the list does not go further back than that??):
I hesitate to do reinstalls (as e.g. suggested here), so I'm asking here first:
What can I do to have these start menu tiles disappear?
** My company manages updates through WSUS and they had some issues with that, which made this update late: