About a month ago I started to notice that uploading to Google Drive was suddenly much slower than it should be. Up until January I was paying for 100Mb up and the same down and could upload to GDrive at around 10MB/s pretty consistently. However, the speeds I'm getting now are less than 1MB and I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, but so for have not had any luck.
- I've spoken with my ISP 3 times now and each time they have told me there is no bandwidth or speed limiting in place. I thought that this was the most likely scenario, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
- I've spoken with Google support and they say that there are no limits in place
- I've tried resetting the router to factory settings
- I've made sure my OS is up to date (macOS Mojave)
- I've tried disabling the firewall, to see if anything there was blocking connections
- I've updated to the latest version of the software I use to upload to GDrive (rclone). I've also made sure that I'm using my own Google API key so as to avoid limiting
- I've upgraded my internet and am now contracted for 600Mb/s. When I run a speed test I don't see 600Mb, but the results aren't exactly slow: Speed test results. There was no difference in upload speed between going from 100 to 600.
- I've tried uploading to Microsoft's One Drive instead of Google to see if it was specifically connecting to them where there were issues. One Drive did upload slightly faster at around 4MB/s, but even this is much slower than the speed I should be getting
- I've tried a different laptop (Windows 7) and the speeds there were also much slower than I should be getting. I've seen that the Win7 laptop has drivers from 2012, but when I update it says these are the latest.
- I have tried uploading from my phone and the speeds are much quicker (20MB/s roughly). This narrows down the issue to my laptop(s)
- I've used Bit Defender on my macbook and it was unable to find any threats
drive.google.com with the following output:
traceroute: Warning: drive.google.com has multiple addresses; using 184.108.40.206 traceroute to drive.google.com (220.127.116.11), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets 1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 284.830 ms 3.833 ms 3.845 ms 2 * * * 3 * * 101.red-81-46-65.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net (18.104.22.168) 5.254 ms 4 * 106.red-81-46-65.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net (22.214.171.124) 4.960 ms 11.438 ms 5 98.red-81-46-8.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net (126.96.36.199) 4.951 ms 94.red-81-46-8.customer.static.ccgg.telefonica.net (188.8.131.52) 8.494 ms 3.992 ms 6 * * * 7 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 7.307 ms 4.517 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 5.161 ms 8 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 5.837 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 5.547 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 5.068 ms 9 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 21.180 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 5.967 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 4.850 ms 10 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 98.047 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 98.531 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 4.996 ms 11 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 33.610 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 20.999 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 33.969 ms 12 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 112.506 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 311.858 ms 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 98.180 ms 13 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 106.193 ms 105.194 ms 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 246.752 ms 14 18.104.22.168 (22.214.171.124) 111.852 ms * 112.809 ms 15 * 126.96.36.199 (188.8.131.52) 111.710 ms * 16 * * * 17 * * * 18 * * * 19 * * * 20 * * * 21 * * * 22 * * * 23 * * * 24 184.108.40.206 (220.127.116.11) 113.103 ms 110.832 ms *
Just wondering if anybody has any other ideas for what I could try. My ISP seems pretty certain that the problem is on my end, not theirs, but as far as I know I haven't changed any settings from when it was working well in January until now. I've ran out of ideas and don't really know what else I can try. Thanks in advance for any help.