About 2 weeks ago I was doing a decryption to a partition on an External HDD.. - encryption type:(Bitlocker Encryption). But Unfortunately my laptop had shut down during the operation. since then I have tried opening it using every way I know for painstaking 14 days. I have contacted Microsoft Customer Service,Which wasn't helpful at all! and sent me a provoking replay about I should have backed it up! despite that the Bitlocker is a Microsoft service! Is it possible to turn it back? and how this data is my work for 20 years.
This is too long for a comment.
If the data is valuable, you should always backup up the data.
Anyway...., you should be able to resume the process. Once the hard disk/partition is fully decrypted, then you might be able to access the data.
Plug in the external hard drive and try to resume the BitLocker decryption process.
You should also be able to do this by using commands.
manage-bde -resume [<Drive>] manage-bde –resume C:
Link: BitLocker frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What happens if the computer is turned off during encryption or decryption?
If the computer is turned off or goes into hibernation, the BitLocker encryption and decryption process will resume where it stopped the next time Windows starts. This is true even if the power is suddenly unavailable.
- How to Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10
- How to Enable Suspend/Resume BitLocker Protection for a Drive
- How to resume Bitlocker drive encryption paused in Windows 10/8/7?
- Paused BitLocker encryption because no longer want to encrypt the hard drive - how do I get out of encrypting?
- Using a Data Recovery Agent to Recover BitLocker-Protected Drives (Windows 7)
- Using the BitLocker Repair Tool to Recover a Drive
- Resumes BitLocker encryption or decryption after it has been paused