Setup follows at the end
I have a server running vsftp and I setup user "cu1", so that connection is using a certificate.
I want to setup an SFTP-Server so that I can connect to restricted home folders.
- Using Putty, I cannot login,as I redirected the shell to /bin/false
- Using FileZilla, I can login. But when stopping vsftpd, I can ALSO LOG IN?
- In local mode (so, ftp 127.0.0.1 on the machine), I can login and it seems, that I'm restricted to my home folder as planned.
- If I stop vsftpd, I cannot login using ftp 127.0.0.1 as there's no communication partner.
- How can I check, if my SFTP is properly running; FileZilla seems to use a different protocol
- Why can FileZilla still access, even if the FTP-Server is not running; does it switch to SCP?
- And if so: Why is scp possible, when shell is disabled?
Ubuntu18.04 Server on AWS with ports 20-24, 990 and 1024-2048 available
vsftpd on the machine to setup an FTP Server that shall run over SFTP
ubuntu (my superuser to connect via SSH)
ftpsecure to be used by vsftpd
sftp (as basic user for the sftp; shall access all subuser folders)
cu1 (a sub user with home folder in /home/sftp/home/cu1)
Thank you for any advice, I'm super confused O_o