I have pictures of handwritten text and some of them are blurred, because the camera was shaky. If someone could point out any techniques that I can use to bring it to readable quality would be great. It is really a closeup, and I'm pretty sure it is doable. If you can recommend a specialized software or you know some techniques in photo-shop or any other software that would help please comment.


not really an Photoshop solution but few days ago I found this application on Lifehacker.com

Unshake, the free program which analyses photos which are blurred, poorly focused or shaken, and which uses the results to give clearer pictures.


Haven't got chance to test it, but it could be good idea for you to give it a try!

good luck

  • The program has horrible user interface and works slow, but does the job. Results weren't perfect but were sufficient to work with. Thanks.
    – m0s
    May 28 '10 at 23:00

I have a client that uses this it has a free trial for 10 images, it is a very good piece of software

Focus Magic uses advanced forensic strength deconvolution technology to literally "undo" blur and recover lost detail. It can repair both out-of-focus blur and motion blur (camera shake) in an image. Can you read the license plate number in the "Before" image (below) ? Can you even vaguely make out one letter ? Imagine how you could use this technology on your photos.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.