At home, I have a desktop pc running Windows 10. Previously, I used windows homegroup functionality to share some directories over the network with other computers.
Now that windows has removed the homegroup functionality, I am looking for a way to share a directory or a even a drive with the network.
What is my setup?
- Windows 10 pc will function as the server, always latest update
- Connected to LAN with a gigabit connection.
- All machines on the LAN are also running windows 10.
What do I want to do
- Share the drive on the network
- Make sure other pc's can read and write from and to the shared drive
What have I already looked up?
- Sharing in windows 10 (advanced sharing) --> I don't manage to get this working
- I looked up how to share the network on the drive with a third party software, but without any success.