I created a new build using the following new components:
- ASRok B360M HDV
- Intel 9400f CPU. Note that this does not have on board graphics.
- Crucial 8GB CT8G4DFS824A 8GB 2400 mhz
I also used up an old GTX 1070 that I had pulled from a dead eGPU box (not sure if the GPU is dead).
I am not able to get any display and have the following symptoms:
- RAM in slot 1 (gpu or no gpu): fans turning, no beep, cannot shut via power button (have to hold power button to shutdown), keyboard does not light up, hdd does not turn.
- No RAM (gpu or no gpu): fans turning, 3 long beeps repeating (have not tried keyboard, hdd).
- RAM in slot 2 (gpu or no gpu): fans turning, 5 short beeps once, can shut down via power, hdd powers on, keyboard lights up (caps and num-lock led works, can also restart using ctrl-alt-del)
EDIT: By "fans turning", I mean the CPU cooler fan, the case fan and the PSU fan. The GPU fan does not turn.
Any suggestions on what might be faulty?
I am led to believe that both the GPU and RAM slot 1 are faulty, and that getting a new GPU and using RAM slot 2 should work.
I wanted a second opinion before spending money on a new GPU.
(I may RMA the motherboard later on; for now I just want to see this boot properly).