An old idle DSL modem/router with 3 LAN (RJ45) ports and one WAN/LAN port was used to extend network outlets in a room with wall LAN outlet shortage and to share a printer among other PCs of the network as well.
- The DSL modem/router was reset to default settings.
- The DSL modem/router's IP was set to 192.168.1.24 to avoid IP conflict with actual DSL modem/router with IP address 192.168.1.1 which provides internet access to the entire network.
- The wall LAN outlet which is supposed to be extended, was connected directly to the DSL modem/router on port LAN1.
- A PC was connected to the DSL modem/router on port LAN2.
- A printer with LAN port was connected to the DSL modem/router on port LAN3.
- Port WAN/LAN was left unused.
The problem is that just the printer is shared and internet access to the PC is lost.
Any mistake with my Hardware (Cables, port ordering,...) or Software configurations (IPs, sharing permissions,...)???
Any help would be appreciated.